Local Information

Gwynedd

Select another area

Upper Gwynedd & Lower Gwynedd

Gwynedd was founded in 1698 by Welsh Quakers. The township was then split into Lower Gwynedd and Upper Gwynedd in 1891. The name Gwynedd means "Fair Land" in Welsh.

The township is so named because it was originally settled largely by migrants from Gwynedd and other parts of north Wales in the 17th and 18th Centuries. For several generations the main language used in the township was Welsh.

The Keefe-Mumbower Mill, Knipe-Johnson Farm, Knipe-Moore-Rupp Farm, and Isaac Kulp Farm are listed on the National Register of Historic Places

© 2019 Bright MLS. The information provided is for consumers, personal, noncommercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. All properties are subject to prior sale or withdrawal. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate, and should be independently verified.


Copyright © 2019 | Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. | Privacy Policy
Real Estate Web Design by Dakno Marketing.